Blue Mountain Tour - September 9 & 10, 2017

• 3 Replies

Offline Steve Juniper

• Active
  • +0/-0
Blue Mountain Tour - September 9 & 10, 2017
« on: June 14, 2017, 08:57:07 PM »
It’s early but I wanted to mention that the BCC is planning a two day Blue Mountains Tour for the weekend of September 9-10. I’m hoping a number of members from all our touring groups will participate in the event. The Saturday morning start time will be 10am so participants will have the option to drive up to Blue Mountain in the morning. Sunday rides will start at 8:30 am so we’ll be done in time to beat the traffic back home.  The start/finish location for all rides will be the entrance to Blue Mountain Village which has lots of parking. We’ve contacted the “Days Inn & Suites” in Collingwood (about 7 km from Blue Mountain Village) to block off rooms for Sep 9th. I'll provide more information regarding the Collingwood Days Inn & Suites in another post.

If you’re interested I’ve already created a number of possible route options for the tour in our new BCC Route Library (see the link below and enter “Blue Mtn” in the Location filter). These provide route options of different length and elevation/climbing for all our tour groups.

https://ridewithgps.com/clubs/1065-brampton-cycling-club#club-routes

Let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Steve Juniper
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 09:07:47 PM by Steve Juniper »

Offline Steve Juniper

• Active
  • +0/-0
Re: Blue Mountain Tour - September 9 & 10, 2017
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 09:05:58 PM »
Collingwood Days Inn & Suits - Further Information

Address: 15 Cambridge St, Collingwood, ON L9Y 0A2
Phone: (705) 444-1880

From: "Shannon Cusmanic" <shannon.cusmanic@collingwoodhotels.ca>

Subject: Group BOOKING for September 9, 2017-Brampton Cycling Club

On behalf of the Management and staff at the Days Inn & Suites Collingwood we would like to thank you for booking your group with our hotel.  It is our commitment to you our guest to provide a positive guest experience.

I am pleased to provide you with the following information;

I have set up a group block for the night of September 9th, 2017 under the group name Brampton Cycling Club.  The block includes;.

•   15 Rooms that feature one king bed and mini fridge and microwave for a rate of $139.95 plus taxes per night.

•   10 Rooms that feature two queen size beds, a mini fridge and microwave, for a rate of $149.95 plus taxes per night.

•   5 Junior suites that feature two queen size beds, a pull out sofa, a mini fridge and microwave, for a rate of $159.95 plus taxes per night.

The check in time is 4pm and the check out time is 11am.  Our cancellation policy is 7 days prior to arrival date before 4pm and the cut off date to book from the block with the special rate will be July 15, 2017.

Our hotel offers:
•   Complimentary continental breakfast.
•   Complimentary high-speed internet access.
•   In room coffee maker and hair dryer.
•   Indoor salt water pool, hot tub.
•   Fitness centre.
•   24hr business centre. 
•   Our hotel is completely NON-Smoking and we do not allow pets.   

If I can be of any further assistance please feel free to contact me at your convenience.
Thank you very much for booking your group with our hotel.

Best regards,
Shannon Cusmanic

Offline phil hodgson

• Tour Leader
  • Rookie
  • +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 11:06:11 AM »
Steve, - I'm very interested in joining this event, so please count me in. Also please let me know when the hotel is blocked so I can call and reserve a room.
looking forward to it.

Phil ( Hodgson)

Offline Valerie Armada

• BCC Member
  • Rookie
  • +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 01:20:58 PM »
Hi Steve.
I am interested too. Can we book now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk