Time Trials 2017

• 5 Replies

Offline richard westwood

• Tour Leader
  • Veteran
  • +2/-0
Time Trials 2017
« on: May 02, 2017, 08:52:23 PM »
Gonna try and resurrect this topic again. Myself and a small handful of friends have been doing a regular Wed evening TT. Our original course started on Mississauga and went N to King, E to McLaughlin, and S to the finish at 15.1k from the start. Unfortunately, there's construction on King between Creditview and Chingacousy which put a crimp in our TT times so I've created a new 15.k course that starts and ends at the same place on Chingacousy (see Strava segment below).
https://www.strava.com/activities/968326913

Whoever is interested is welcome to join us. We meet at Fletcher's Meadow SS at 6:00 PM on Wednesdays and ride to the start from there. We start the TT at 1 minute intervals (usually). The TT is not timed; we rely on the Strava segment for that so if you're not on Strava you'll need to figure out some way of timing yourself.  Of course, always be mindful that you are required by law to stop at all stop signs and red traffic lights.

If you have any questions, email me directly (richard.westwood at gmail.com).
-richard

Offline Kim M

• BCC Member
  • Rookie
  • +1/-0
Re: Time Trials 2017
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 09:12:59 PM »
I'm in for a try. See you tomorrow.
Not the fastest, not the strongest, but always thriving on trying my hardest!

Offline richard westwood

• Tour Leader
  • Veteran
  • +2/-0

Offline jamiecflinn

• BCC Executive
  • Veteran
  • +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 04:08:41 PM »
Hey Richard.....if you use Creditview up to king then U turn you get 12.3 or so on perfect pavement

Offline richard westwood

• Tour Leader
  • Veteran
  • +2/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 08:10:15 AM »
The construction on King St is apparently finished so we'll be moving back to the original route starting this evening:
https://www.strava.com/activities/959526808

Offline richard westwood

• Tour Leader
  • Veteran
  • +2/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2017, 01:22:22 PM »
Hey all,
assuming the weather holds up, tonight's TT will be a go but with a new meeting place and time.

Meet at:
Brampton Fairgrounds
Heart Lake Road & Old School Road
6:30 PM

We'll ride over to the TT start from there. It's about 10k which should provide a good warm up.
 Alternatively, you could meet us on Mississauga Road just N of Mayfield Road at about 6:50 PM.

-richard